September 20, 2012

High-Waisted and Patterned







Sweater: Gap; Trousers: H&M; Jacket: Banana Republic; Heels: Nine West (cute ankle boot version); Belt: Forever 21; Necklace: Banana Republic; Sunglasses: Tiffany & Co. 

A couple years ago I went through a shopping phase where I only bought tops. Then one day as I was re-organizing my closet I realized I had an over-abundance of tops and hardly any bottoms. In a strange twist I have now somehow accumulated far too many bottoms and far too few tops to go with them. Strange how that works. I picked up these cigarette pants recently, convinced that their pattern and high-waist cut would make for a unique and justified addition to my pant collection. With their lightweight fabric and delicate gold zippers by the ankle, they feel very transitional for the current temperatures breezing Toronto and I love the faux leather slip pockets on the back, which add a bit more texture and interest. How do you justify your shopping trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question/comment? Please share below!