October 31, 2012

Cupcakes!


Ever since I purchased this cupcake stand a couple weeks ago, I have been intrigued by all things cupcakes - everything from icing nozles, to cute paper wrappers and candy sprinkles. This was my first attempt at homemade icing. I followed an extremely simple recipe for butter cream frosting, which only called for 3 ingredients: butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract (and a little bit of food colouring to turn it pink). I topped them off with multi-coloured sprinkles and the end result was very birthday party worthy.



To celebrate Halloween today I am making these festive cupcakes, complete with pieces of "broken glass". I love how simple, yet intricate they look. Any other bakers preparing spooky treats today?

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always intrigued by all things pertaining to cupcakes. They're just so cute... and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it may be just me.. but the link didnt work for the second cupcakes. would you mind posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! They're from Martha Stewart's website. Here's the link: http://www.marthastewart.com/856109/broken-glass-cupcakes.

      Delete

Have a question/comment? Please share below!