March 5, 2012

The Shirt Dress





Polka-dot Shirt Dress: XX1; Western Booties: R2 from DSW; Belt: H&M; Purse: Club Monaco; Geo Beaded Bracelet: XX1

I've always loved shirt dresses. They're classic, universally flattering, and the perfect canvas for a variety of accessories. This season my favourite versions are sleeveless and patterned. The polka-dot print on this one makes the dress feel as though it came straight out of the 50's and I like how western-inspired ankle booties and colourful bracelets keep it modern and fun. Experimenting with belts, shoes and different coloured layering pieces (think saturated orange or mint green) can dramatically re-vamp this spring staple.

2 comments:

  1. I love polka dots! I'm going to buy a dress I saw at a store not too far away from my school. This post made me want to buy it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at you with no sleeves! It's minus 12 here right now and you're probably getting a tan! lol I'm officially jealous, please come back now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a question/comment? Please share below!